RFI CD51-68-53 UHF 4dB Mopole Antenna (450-520 MHz); MBC Base 5m No ConnectorCD51-68-53
RFI CD51-68-53 UHF 4dB Mopole Antenna (450-520 MHz); MBC Base 5m No Connector
2-4 Day Lead Time
When the CD50/CD51 gets mounted on a vehicle gutter or similar position, these UHF Mopoles provide optimum performance with a largely omni-directional pattern. Due to the low angle of radiation inherent in the dipole antenna pattern, a 4.0 dB improvement in performance is typical when compared to a 3 wave whip in the centre of a metal roof. The end fed design of the UHF Mopoles incorporates a truly unique transformer in the base section. In this patented feed assembly, the dielectric of the coaxial feeder cable is trimmed to a set length and then introduced into the coil in termination. The result is a precisely matched feed which is so consistent that tuning to frequency from a chart becomes a matter of course. - CD51 antennas are fitted with a flexible nylon radome over a copper element - ideal in industrial applications. - CD50 antennas have an elegant and durable tapered stainless steel whip section. There are two styles of mounting arrangements offered. The CD50-xx-70 and CD51-xx-70 versions mount via a threaded stud and nut assembly. The antenna can be easily terminated, tuned and re-terminated in the field using the instructions supplied. Its patented design allows the coaxial cable to be replaced in the field without specialised tools or soldering. The CD50-xx-50 and CD51-xx-50 versions mate with the MBC coaxial base providing an internal, permanent connection in a completely sealed unit. The MBC base is easy to install and allows the entire antenna to be removed and replaced at will.
- Ground plane independence allows alternative mounting locations
- High performance and largely omni-directional pattern when not centre roof mounted
- Patented design allows termination or re-termination in seconds
- Stainless steel whip or flexible nylon whips cater to individual needs
- Base coil is virtually indestructible
- Unique transformer design
- Australian Patents #596830 and #656793
(1) Mopole™ antennas such as the CD50 and CD51 exhibit a 4dB improvement in performance over a ¼ wave whip but in pattern tests deliver only 2.0 to 2.5dB of actual gain. This improvement in performance can be attributed to a lower angle of radiation and is of particular benefit to users in rugged terrain conditions and in heavily built up city areas. (2) Available pre-terminated with 5m 8058 RG58C/U. Use -73 or -53 suffix to replace -70 or -50 suffix.
2-4 Day Lead Time